The Women in IT Networking at SC (WINS) program is now accepting applications from US-based early- to mid-career women for their 2022 program. Those selected for the program will be given full travel funding to attend the Supercomputing Conference (SC) in Dallas, TX from November 13-18, 2022, where they’ll have a chance to help construct SCinet, a unique multi-terabit-per-second network built annually to support demonstrations by SC attendees.
The WINS program was developed in 2015 to combat the gender gap in the network engineering and high performance computing fields. WINS is a joint effort between the Department of Energy’s Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), the Keystone Initiative for Network Based Education and Research (KINBER), and the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) and works collaboratively with the SC program committee.
What the program entails
If selected for the program, you’ll be matched with a SCinet team and a high-profile mentor based on your interests and background. You’ll also get to dive in and work side-by-side with top engineers building SCinet.
Those selected for the program will also receive:
- Travel funds for attending staging, setup, and live support of the SC conference as a SCinet volunteer.
- Complimentary conference registration
- Professional development support before, during, and after the conference
Who should apply
Early- and mid-career engineers and technologists who:
- Want to work side-by-side with the world’s leading network, software, and systems engineers and top network technology vendors.
- Identify as women at the time of application.
- Are able to travel to Dallas, TX during the following dates (assuming COVID doesn’t interfere):
- SCinet Staging: Oct. 20-28, 2022
- SCinet Setup: Nov. 7-13, 2022
- SCinet Live Operations/SC22 Conference and SCinet teardown: Nov 13-19, 2022
WINS is especially interested in applications from historically underrepresented groups in the Information Technology field, including Black or African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Hispanic or Latinx women.
Learn more and submit your application here. Applications are due by January 21, 2022, at 11:59 pm. If you want to participate in SCinet but don’t fit the above criteria, you can contact SCinet to learn more about other volunteer opportunities
You must be logged in to post a comment.